The values of Learning, Love, Community and Respect, as Jesus did form the basis of our School Wide Positive Relationships Framework (SWPRF).
At St Joseph’s, a range of strategies and programs are in a place which foster a healthy and positive school culture. The management framework operating throughout the school, is not in isolation but rather that which encompasses everything the school community does to meet the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and learning needs of students. It is an integral part of the school life at St Joseph’s.
The framework endeavours to promote the social and emotional well-being of all those who learn within the school community. The emphasis is on expecting and encouraging positive behaviours which reflect our core values of learning, love, community and respect, as Jesus showed us.
To achieve a positive and supportive and safe Christian environment St Joseph’s commits to:
- explicitly teaching Social and Emotional Learning Competencies
- explicitly teaching Program Achieve (Organisation, Confidence, Persistence, Getting
Along and Emotional Resilience) as well as 2nd Step Program
- using Circle Solutions as a resource to develop and enhance relationships and
connectedness and as an immunisation against bullying behaviours
- teaching a Religious Education Program which links Catholic Church Social teaching
to the lives of the students
- teaching a Religious Education Program explicitly teaches stories of Jesus life which
show us how to live and love like he did
- providing a rich experience of prayer and opportunities for spiritual growth
explicitly teaching the Health component of the Health and Physical Education
- building a healthy home and school relationship, communicating positive feedback
to parents as well as inviting them to work with the school to resolve negative behaviour issues
- employing consequences which are natural and logical
- providing students with high quality support when they are experiencing difficulties in
At St Joseph’s we intend to:
- set a standard of acceptable behaviour as directed by the example of Jesus Christ,
our Mercy Charism and our core values
- at every opportunity, reinforce and coach students to do things the St Joseph’s Way
- consistently apply consequences for both good and bad choices of behaviour
- have staff engaging in Essential Skills for Classroom Management and have
continual coaching and feedback through Classroom Profiling
St Joseph’s School has a Respectful Relationships Policy that can be found on this website. This will be called “Respectful Relationships Policy’.